NewFound Records - Ep. 596 - More Questions
Vinyl records by Newfoundland & Labrador's pioneer recording artists.
» Most Recent: 15 Apr, 2021
» Website: http://www.newfoundrecords.ca/
Uploaded: 4 Dec, 2020
Recording Date: 2 Dec, 2020
Recording Location: CHMR-FM, St. John's, NL
Topical for: Timeless
Status: Complete, Ready to Air
Program Title: NewFound Records - Ep. 596 - More Questions
Description: More songs that ask questions on this episode as we conclude a theme that we debuted last week.
The playlist includes tracks by five outstanding chanteuses – Shirley Montague, Loretta Cormier, Rebecca Penney, Phyllis Noseworthy, and Mary Lou Collins. Boy, those gals can sing! We also spin a great track by Labrador’s Harry Martin. Everything that man does is so poetic and musical... I really like him and I think you will too.
A. Frank Willis serves up a Chuck Berry rocker, and Newfoundland’s Elvis, Gord Tracey chips in with a song that The Shirelles hit with in the ‘60s. And The Singing Priest, Father Brendan Foley sings his heart out with his cover of a tune that Bread topped the charts with in the early ‘70s.
It’s quite a playlist of obscure NL oldies that you’re unlikely to hear anywhere else!
Host(s): Wayne Tucker
Credits: 1. HARRY MARTIN: Wouldn’t It Be Wonderful
2. SHIRLEY MONTAGUE: Would I Ever Get The Chance
3. LORETTA CORMIER: Can I Love You For A Minute
4. REBECCA PENNEY: Why Did You Love Me Yesterday
5. PHYLLIS NOSWORTHY: How Was I To Know
6. DICK NOLAN: Watcha Gonna Do
7. KEVIN MERCER: Am I That Easy To Forget
8. FATHER BENDAN FOLEY: If
9. MARY LOU COLLINS: If I Fell
10. MARY LOU COLLINS: If He Walked Into My Life
11. GORD TRACEY & THE CONSTELLATIONS: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
12. A. FRANK WILLIS: Nadine (Is it You?)
13. GORDON QUINTON: Over the Rainbow
Regional > Canada > Newfoundland and LabradorType: Weekly Program
Arts and Culture > Music > Folk & Roots
|Listen||Host: Wayne Tucker NFR 596 (2020 12 05 - Questions 2)||Download (3)|
|Comments: Break 1: Starts 10:08 Ends 10:56 Length 00:48 . Break 2: Starts 30:23 Ends 32:02 Length 01:39. Prod/Rec. by Wayne Tucker. To air on CHMR Dec. 5, 2020.